Welcome to my first cooking video!!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you and to welcome you into my kitchen. I wanted to start off with this recipe for two reasons: one, Beyond Meat just got its kosher certification, and two, who doesn't love lasagna? Kosher standards mean that you don't mix meat and dairy together, so a vegetarian "meat" lasagna also happens to be the perfect dish if you are kosher-compliant.
Growing up, my mom would make the family a dairy lasagna, which was simply marinara sauce, cheese, and noodles. As I've gotten older, I liked the idea of using a meat substitute, so I came up with this! I hope you enjoy, and send me pictures if you choose to make this at home.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Fill up a pot with water and add a little bit of olive oil. Boil your lasagna noodles till they are al dente - about ten to twelve minutes. When they are done, remove them and lie them down on a paper towel on a cookie sheet. Keep them separated - you don't want them to stick together!
3. Dice an onion. Put your pan on medium heat with a bit of olive oil, and add your onion. After a couple of minutes, add your Beyond Meat to the pan. When the "meat" is done cooking, add marinara sauce to the pan. For flavor, add Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
4. For the cheese mixture, put your ricotta, egg, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Add enough oregano for a thin layer to cover the top of your mixture. Beat together.
5. To assemble, put a layer of "meat" sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Then lay down four noodles lengthwise, making sure they overlap. Next, put down a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of "meat" sauce and repeat the process.
6. Cover the pan with silver foil and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Take out the lasagna, then reheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the lasagna back in for another twenty minutes - this is what will make the cheese on top get a little crispy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Hey! I'm Abby, the creator of Classically Abby, a commentary, opera, beauty, and lifestyle brand dedicated to looking at the world from a classic perspective. I'm the first Conservative Influencer and I'm an opera singer with three degrees in performance!