Okay, I'll admit it - I'm excited that fall is here!
You probably know that I'm a huge summer girl and that I love the heat. But the seasons are also wonderful, and I am so excited to see the leaves changing! Fall is wonderful for so many reasons - the Jewish holidays, Thanksgiving, and my birthday! So I was really looking forward to decorating our house this year to celebrate autumn. I have never actually decorated for the seasons before, so this was a really fun adventure. Here are my tips and tricks for getting the cutest decor and the best bang for your buck. And watch the video above to see how it all turned out!
1. Shop at HomeGoods. I love HomeGoods! They have the cutest stuff and it's all discounted. I originally planned on going to Target, but when I realized that their selection wasn't that extensive, as well as being expensive, I decided to head to HomeGoods instead. There, I was able to find literally everything I bought in this video.
2. Use fallen leaves as free decor. I placed a couple of things outside our front door to decorate for the season, and as I was setting them outside, I realized that we already had a huge pile of leaves right on our porch. So I swept them around the two items I bought, and it made it look extra autumnal! Adorable and free? Yes, please! You can also use fall leaves around your home - if you buy a small basket, you can gather fallen leaves and put them inside.
3. Find a few items that you absolutely love, and then buy smaller things to match. When I went shopping, I knew I wanted a few themed pillows, so that was my first goal. I fell in love with a few, and then I just went around looking for smaller decor items to match. Of course, I ended up loving everything I bought - but this is still a good rule of thumb. :)
4. Choose a color scheme. Do you like orange and gold? Or are you more of a yellow and red kind of girl? What about the more faded colors, or the more saturated ones? Choose what suits your home and your personality, and go all in! I like the saturated colors, so that's what I went with, but you do you!
5. Decide what vibe you're going for. Do you like really kitschy seasonal decor? Or do you like more classy, dressed up vibes? I like the pillows that have little sayings on them, so that's what I went with. I like the blanket with animals wearing fall clothing, so that's what I went with. But if you don't like "cute" home decor, go with the more classic vibes. Do what makes the season feel fun to you!
And that's it! Are you decorating your house for fall? Where is your favorite place to shop? Let me know in the comments below!
*Disclosure: This contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on a link and purchase something. Thank you so much for your support!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...